Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/2 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/3 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
One of the most desirable production Fender Telecaster models recreated to the finest detail.
The Fender Custom Shop "Heavy Relic" treatment creates Telecasters that are super worn-in, like your favorite pair of jeans! They show the natural wear and tear from years of heavy use ” nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
Fender's Time Machine electric guitars pay homage to specific years of some of our classic designs. All are built to exacting specifications of their respective vintages, including body contours and radii, neck shape, fingerboard radius, pickups and electronics. Original materials, tooling and production techniques are employed wherever possible to maintain the integrity of these Fender guitars.
- Series: Time Machine Series
- Model Name: 1963 Fender Telecaster Heavy Relic
- Body: alder
- Finish: sonic blue
- Neck: maple neck, custom "C" shape
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Pickups: 2 vintage '63 Tele single-coil pickups, (Custom Vintage Wiring Circuit)
- Controls: master volume, master tone
- Bridge: original vintage-style Tele bridge with 3 threaded steel saddles and "ash tray" bridge cover
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply black
- Strings: D'Addario XL110 Regular Light, Nickel Plated Steel, (gauges: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Case: Hardshell
- Unique features:
- "C" shape maple neck,
- "top hat" switch tip,
- round laminate rosewood fingerboard,
- Shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
- 100 percent nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Certificate of Authenticity
Don't miss out on this historic reproduction. Order today.
'63 Telecaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (184mm)
- No. Of frets: 21 vintage style
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3. neck pickup
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.