- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Founders Design Telecaster Designed By Gene Baker
Wide Fade Chocolate 2-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51702 000001000 J51702000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gene Bakers’ Fender Custom Shop 30th Anniversary “Stelecaster” was inspired by the early mashups of the Stratocaster and Telecaster from Mike Bump, h...Click To Read More About This Product
A winning hybrid.
Gene Bakers’ Fender Custom Shop 30th Anniversary “Stelecaster” was inspired by the early mashups of the Stratocaster and Telecaster from Mike Bump, his former apprentice and now-R&D guru at Fender. “I just always felt that it belongs at Fender,” he said. “When you look at the model, just about everything is the Strat and the Tele 50/50 right up the center line. Mirror images of each other when you look at it. It looks very vintage and very familiar and friendly, although it makes you take a second thinking, ‘Whoa, what is that?’”
The model follows Gene’s “modern vintage” style – taking the best of both models to maximize form, fit, function and flow.
The Stratocaster/Telecaster body is lightweight ash with a wide-fade Chocolate 3-Tone Sunburst color. The quartersawn maple neck features a multi-tier Telecaster-over-Stratocaster headstock, bone nut and Founders Design decal with Gene Baker’s signature on the back of the headstock. Gene opted for nickel/chrome hardware with vintage-style tuning machines and American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo, but chose modern Telecaster wiring. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Select Ash
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 10/56 V
- Neck wood: 1-piece quartersawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: 6105 Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Hand-Wound '69 Single Coil Strat
- Middle: Hand-Wound RWRP '69 Single Coil Strat
- Bridge: Hand-wound Original Blackguard Tele
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Modern wiring, Push/pull neck on/off
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage staggered
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Own this unique Stelecaster. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.