- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster Limited Edition Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69927 000001000 L69927000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As an avowed Stratocaster fanatic, Jimi Hendrix had many examples pass through his hands. One in particular stood out to him, eventually being graced...Click To Read More About This Product
An iconic instrument recreated in painstaking detail.
As an avowed Stratocaster fanatic, Jimi Hendrix had many examples pass through his hands. One in particular stood out to him, eventually being graced with a name— Izabella — inspiring the song of the same title. This guitar’s most famous appearance was during his August 18th, 1969 performance at Woodstock, which featured his incendiary rendition of ‘Star Spangled Banner.’
The artisans at the Fender Custom Shop have recreated this iconic instrument in painstaking detail — even down to the scratches and dings — leaving no (third) stone unturned in their quest for accuracy. Fender is proud to present the result: the Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster, a representation of the way the Olympic White Stratocaster looked when he strapped it on that Monday morning at Yasgur’s farm and serenaded the rising sun, backed by Gypsy Sun and The Rainbows, bringing his brand of “electric church music” to the masses.
Purchased at Manny’s Music in NYC in ’68, this guitar (Serial Number 240981) was slightly modified to reflect Hendrix’ needs as a left-handed player, including being drilled for a strap button on the lower horn — a modification reproduced here. This model is period-correct, from the stripeless “‘60s Oval C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25”-radius round-lam maple fingerboard, bearing 21 vintage-style frets.
The period-accurate 3-ply Parchment pickguard is loaded with a trio of hand-wound ’69 Strat pickups tied together with vintage-style wiring and a 3-way pickup switch. Other features include vintage-style “F” tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, custom strap, custom headband, coiled cable, commemorative booklet and Certificate of Authenticity.
Trust Fender Custom Shop to create magic. Order today.
- Series: Tribute
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Flat Sawn Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘69 Strat Single-Coil (Bridge), Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘69 Single-Coil Strat (Middle), Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘69 Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.