Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Masterbuilt 50s"Stealth Esquire" by John Englishfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
A very special guitar Masterbuilt by one of Fender's finest “ the late John English.
This amazing electric guitar has an ash body finished in vintage blonde, a 1-piece quartersawn maple neck, and fretboard with black dot position markers. Other features on the 1950s Fender Masterbuilt guitar include Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines and an original style Tele bridge with three brass saddles. In addition to the guitar's bridge pickup are two "stealth" custom, hand-wound single-coil pickups hiding under the 1-ply black pickguard. Controls include master volume and tone controls, and a 5-way selector switch.
Appointments on the Fender Custom Masterbuilt 50s "Stealth Esquire" include aged nickel/chrome hardware, an "ash tray" bridge cover, white switch cover, special "Custom Built John English Fender U.S.A." stamp on back of the headstock, and a neckplate engraved with "English" on it. The Custom Shop Heavy Relic finish treatment shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts. The Fender guitar comes with a vintage case and a limited edition certificate.
Produced in Limited quantities, each Fender guitar in the Master Design Series is a personal vision of one of the Fender Custom Shop's Master Builders. It could be a classic recreation or variation, a souped-up hot rod or something totally off the wall. Each run of these Fender electric guitars feature a quantity Master Built by the Master Builder who designed it, and a run built by the Fender Custom Shop's Team Builders.
The Fender Masterbuilt 50s "Stealth Esquire" are among the most sought-after electric guitars on the market; indeed, many are considered "instantly collectible."
- Model name: Masterbuilt 50s "Stealth Esquire" by John English
- Model number: 927 5000 487
- Series: Limited Master Design
- Color: Vintage blonde
- Body: Premium lightweight ash
- Neck profile: 1959 Esquire œU
- Neck/fingerboard: Quartersawn 1-piece maple with a lacquer finish
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25
- No. Of frets: 21
- Bone: Nut
- Pickguard: 1-ply black
- Neck: Handwound “ under pickguard
- Middle: Handwound “ under pickguard
- Bridge: handwound
- Hardware: Vintage-style nickel/chrome
- Bridge: Vintage-style Tele bridge with three brass saddles and an œash tray" cover
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines
- Special features: Limited edition certificate
- Guitar Case: Limited edition vintage-style hardshell case
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.