- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K64653 000001000 K64653000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect mar...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Only Fender and Eric Johnson could envisage this signature guitar.
Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone - liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon.
In 2015 he approached Fender to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollow body guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, Fender hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
Fender finished the custom-chambered body with nitrocellulose lacquer, allowing the wood to “breathe” with character. The three single-coil Stratocaster pickups were specially voiced to meet Johnson’s specifications, and are mounted to the semi-hollow, two-piece alder body with countersunk screws for even more vibration transfer. The comfortable “’57 Soft V” shaped quartersawn maple neck bears a 12” radius maple fingerboard and 21 medium-jumbo frets for enhanced playability.
Other custom features include a vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block, ’57-style string recesses, thin headstock with vintage-style staggered tuning machines, ’57-style parchment pickguard and “ashtray” bridge cover. A tour de force, the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Thinline is the first semi-hollow Strat that combines custom chambers with traditional Stratocaster arm and body contours.
- Semi-hollow 2-piece Alder body, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Bolt-on Maple neck, Soft “V” Shape, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, 21 medium jumbo frets
- 3 Custom Voiced single coil pickups, Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck), Tone 2 (Bridge), 5-way switch
- 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo, ’57-style parchment pickguard and “ashtray” bridge cover
Now, you can play his dream Strat. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: V soft
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Custom single-coil
- Middle: Custom single-coil
- Bridge: Custom single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage staggered
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.