- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Mustang 90 Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Product K35717
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Perfect for garage rock and other styles that thrive on nonconformity, the Mustang 90 offers a distinctive take on a classic model. With upgraded fea...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A hot-rodded take on an indie hero.
Perfect for garage rock and other styles that thrive on nonconformity, the Mustang 90 offers a distinctive take on a classic model. With upgraded features, unique aesthetics and fat Fender sound, this spirited instrument is perfect for players that march to a different beat. A new take on an underground classic, it stays true to the rebellious spirit that birthed rock ‘n’ roll.
Tonally flexible, the pair of Mustang MP-90 pickups have all the bite and pristine cleans you’ve come to expect from Fender pickups, with a snarly midrange and punchy low end that breathes new life into the traditional Mustang sound. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch, shape the pickups’ tone to craft your sound.
Topped by a 9.5 in-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles. The six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat bridge increases sustain while the bent steel saddles add a touch of “cut” to your sound, and are adjustable for spot-on intonation. The 24 in scale is ideal for players with smaller hands, while adding a bit of warmth and thickness to the guitar’s inherent tone and giving it a slinkier playing feel.
This guitar’s smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight. A gloss polyester finish protects the body while the neck bears a satin polyurethane finish for fast, easy playability. A hot-rodded take on an indie hero, the Mustang 90 is the ideal guitar for the new wave of players who desire modern features and classic short-scale style. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 24 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Mustang MP-90
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Mustang MP-90
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Compact and ready to rock. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.