- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Friedman Vintage-T Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L45218 000001000 L45218000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In designing and building the Friedman Vintage-T electric guitar, Friedman chose genuine Mahogany, Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for thei...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic body style with modern design elements.
In designing and building the Friedman Vintage-T electric guitar, Friedman chose genuine Mahogany, Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. In the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover and 475 did not make the cut. Guess what? Yours did. These are magnificent instruments. Grain pattern and light weight are benchmarks for every Vintage-T.
Select eastern hard maple was chosen for the neck, with your choice of Indian Rosewood, Maple, Birdseye Maple, Ebony or Pau Ferro fingerboard. Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on all Vintage-T guitars.
Grover Jackson invented the compound-radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry for the Friedman Vintage-T is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial; a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. Compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, and it is featured on every Friedman Vintage-T.
Zero-Shift Neck Pin
Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of itself does not eliminate the problem. Vintage-T guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift all together. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret-leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
- Working class rock 'n' roll guitar
- Vintage feel with modern playability
- Classic twang, blues and rock tones
- Simple, solid, timeless and aged to perfection
This guitar has the working vibe, nothing you don't need and everything you do. Great guitar. Order today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Solid body Ash
- Body finish: Aged Nitro lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Vintage taper
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Aged Nitro lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: PLEK'd Jescar
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.65 in. (42 mm) Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Dual single
- Bridge: Dual single
- Brand: Friedman
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: EGS
- Tailpiece: Vintage-style non-tremolo hard-tail
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.