- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 2016 Hummingbird Square Shoulder Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J24259 000001000 J24259000001000
From a company that has brought the guitar world so many great originals, the Hummingbird stands out strong and proud. Introduced in 1960 as Gibson's...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Gibson classic in a gorgeous Heritage Cherry finish and enhanced with L.R. Baggs electronics.
From a company that has brought the guitar world so many great originals, the Hummingbird stands out strong and proud. Introduced in 1960 as Gibson's first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by several prime movers on the scene. In the hands of everyone from Keith Richards to Gram Parsons, it quickly proved itself equally adept at folk, country and rock, and excelled at many of the crossovers genres in between that helped to set the scene for the '60s.
Much of the Hummingbird's appeal lies in its versatility. However you attack this flat-top, it pumps out rich, deep tones, and is equally at home thrumming out first-position chords as it is taking the spotlight for flatpicking leadlines further up the neck. Its spacious mahogany body and sweet, select Sitka spruce top are more than capable of nailing down the rhythm in the hands of a rock and roll sideman, or of accompanying the most nuanced performance under the fingers of today' alternative singer-songwriter.
Made in the image of the original, in Gibson's acclaimed acoustic facility in Bozeman, MT, today's Hummingbird lives up to its pedigree, bringing you all of these capabilities and more as, quite simply, one of the finest acoustic guitars available today. This particular model includes the minimalistic L.R. Baggs VTC pickup for accurate plugged-in tone and a special Heritage Cherry finish.
Included hardshell case.
- Body type: Square shoulder
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped Top Bracing
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim taper
- Nut width: 1.725" (43.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Condensor mic
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatics
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Gibson today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.