- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 2018 Hummingbird Pro Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K46292 00000100012097061 K4629200000100012097061
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A guitar at the leading edge of the acoustic folk boom of the late ’50s and ’60s, the Hummingbird was also at the forefront of an entirely new breed ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
One of the most popular acoustics ever made with a tonewood combination you can count on and the reliability of an L.R.Baggs pickup system.
A guitar at the leading edge of the acoustic folk boom of the late ’50s and ’60s, the Hummingbird was also at the forefront of an entirely new breed of flat-top dreadnought for Gibson. Introduced in 1960 by a company long famous for its “round-shouldered” dreadnoughts such as the J-45 and Southern Jumbo, this big, 16-1/4 in. wide-shouldered dreadnought hit the competition straight on, and became an instant classic in the process. This 2018 Hummingbird Pro pairs the tried-and-true combination of Sitka spruce for the top with mahogany for the body and neck, all with a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Other features include a rosewood fingerboard adorned with parallelogram inlays, nickel Grover Rotomatic tuners, and bone nut and saddle. When you need to plug in, the onboard L.R. Baggs Element undersaddle pickup system uses a flexible film sensor that'll give you incredible dynamic range.
Includes a hardshell case.
- Single action truss rod
- Parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Traditional belly up bridge
- 16 in. fingerboard radius
- Made in the USA
The Hummingbird is always a classic, no matter which version you buy.
- Body type: Square shoulder dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Round
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatics
- Bridge: Not specified
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.