- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 1959 ES335 VOS Hollowbody Guitar (Vintage Burst)
- Product H86741
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gibson has always been a guitar maker steeped in tradition. So, after revolutionizing the guitar world with the solidbody Les Paul model in the 1950s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A painstaking recreation of the groundbreaking semi-hollowbody.
Gibson has always been a guitar maker steeped in tradition. So, after revolutionizing the guitar world with the solidbody Les Paul model in the 1950s, Gibson made a bold return to its roots by offering an electric guitar that encompassed the benefits of a solidbody guitar, but in the image of an acoustic archtop. The result was the ES-335, which was first released in 1958, but would eventually reach its most desirable form one year later in 1959.
Now, 50 years after reaching this zenith in semi-acoustic guitar design, Gibson Custom reintroduces one of the most celebrated guitars in its history, the 1959 ES-335 Dot Reissue. This limited production model from Gibson Custom captures this desirable classic in greater detail than any œreissue-style guitar previously produced. It is truly an instrument born in the image of its inspiration.
Starting with the traditional plain laminated maple top, back and sides, with single-ply cr¨me binding on both the top and back, the 1959 ES-335 Dot Reissue is true to the original' ™59 specs in almost every detail. Its one-piece, 24-¾ inch scale length mahogany neck features a long tenon, a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays and a rounded ™59 neck profile.
In addition to its period-correct look, the 1959 ES-335 Dot Reissue recreates the legendary tone of the original model by utilizing a pair of Gibson' renowned ™57 Classic humbucking pickups, which is the closest thing to original œPAF pickups on the market today. High-quality CTS volume and tone potentiometers with œbumble bee capacitors offer a fundamental electronics package, thus insuring the guitar' unique tone is captured and delivered with the utmost accuracy and originality.
Other traditional appointments include vintage tulip tuners, a holly headstock veneer and all nickel hardware, including an ABR-1 bridge and lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece. Each guitar comes with a custom shop reissue case, certificate of authenticity and is strictly limited to just 250 guitars per finish.
- Vintage Original Spec finish captures this essence of an aged, yet well kept instrument with a soft patina and open tone
- Unsurpassed playablity with hand-rolled binding and hand-shaped neck, perfectly setup
- Original spec pickups for authentic period tone
- Laminated maple top, back and sides
- Single-ply cr¨me binding on both the top and back
- One-piece, 24-¾ inch scale length mahogany neck
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays and a rounded ™59 neck profile
- ™57 Classic humbucking pickups
- High-quality CTS volume and tone potentiometers with œbumble bee capacitors
- Vintage tulip tuners
- Holly headstock veneer
- All nickel hardware
- ABR-1 bridge and lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Includes case
Be one of the few to strap on this classic. Order today.