- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Reissue Quilt-Top Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H73894
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1959 Les Paul Reissue Quilt-Top Electric Guitar is the ame as 59 Reissue Gloss Top except it has a fabulous quilt top, rare coloring and up at th...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A most sought-after Les Paul with a quilt top.
The 1959 Les Paul Reissue Quilt-Top Electric Guitar is the ame as 59 Reissue Gloss Top except it has a fabulous quilt top, rare coloring and up at the headstock, this exceptional 59 has a highly figured maple overlay instead of a holly-head veneer which is usually painted opaque black.
The only major change to the Les Paul "Sunburst" in 1959 was the addition of wider, fatter jumbo frets which facilitated more dramatic bends. The real force of this change was not felt until the late 1960s when rock and blues players like Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, and Peter Green began to discover the fat, warm voice of the '59 Les Paul, that they called the "Sunburst." This moment in history marked the beginning of the idealization of the 1959 Les Paul Sunburst as the quintessential electric guitar in the minds of guitarists and collectors everywhere.
Using a combination of traditional hand craftsmanship and modern technology, the Gibson Custom Shop luthiers painstakingly reproduce the key elements that define stunning, vintage looks, flawless playability, and incredible tone. Solid mahogany back, historically accurate long neck tenon for superior strength and sustain, period correct neck profiles, hardware and electronics, and 100% nitrocellulose lacquer are all part of this special Gibson Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul guitar.
- 2009 R9 Changed Features:
- Nylon 6/6 nut
- Improved ABR-1 bridge (no-wire, tighter tolerances)
- Historically correct nickel-plated brass bridge saddles
- Correct alloy saddle adjustment screws
- Bridge height-adjusting thumbwheels are now thinner
- Neck profile changed - now has less "shoulders"
- Audio taper CTS pots
- '50s wiring
- Pickup routes adjusted so that pickups will be parallel to the strings
- Top carve changed to be closer to several original '59s that were scanned
- Body perimeter change - slightly tighter in waist, cutaway area refined to be more like originals
- The maple cap is very slightly thinner, the mahogany body is very slightly thicker
- The fingerboard is slightly thinner
- The step from neck heel to back of body is taller and more correct
- The taper of the "maple window" under the binding in cutaway is more accurate
- The maple spline (filler strip) in the tenon is more accurate
- The edge radius on the backside of the body is tighter (less rounded)
- The "mustache curve" of the headstock top has been flattened slightly
- The control cavity plate has been relocated, has the correct side taper, and now uses the correct ABS plastic
- The pickguard shape has changed slightly
- The pickguard bracket and screw have been changed
- The truss rod cover has been reshaped to be more accurate
- The serial number location is slightly lower and more correct
- Dial pointers are less sharp
- The strap button screws are longer
- The jack hole is now the correct 1" diameter
- The toggle switch nut has more correct knurled pattern
All quilted up and ready to go, order this exceptional '59 Les Paul today,.