- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 2014 Collector's Choice #17 Keith Nelson 1959 Les Paul Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product J06079
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Collector's Choice #17 1959 Les Paul Serial Number 9-1062, aka "Louis" is the go-to companion of Kieth Nelson, founding member of Southern California...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Experience the precise look, feel and tone of one of the rarest guitars in history.
Collector's Choice #17 1959 Les Paul Serial Number 9-1062, aka "Louis" is the go-to companion of Kieth Nelson, founding member of Southern California rock band Buckcherry, making it a familiar voice to a loyal fan base that spans the globe. After thirty years cautiously tucked away in a private collection, "Louis" was put back on the front lines as an everyday workhorse for both studio and stage when Nelson fell in love with its unique, classic Les Paul tone. Through a longtime friend and vintage guitar broker, Nelson had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put six original 1959 Les Pauls through their paces, pouring over each one's weight, feel, and, most importantly, its sound. In the end, he found his Les Paul tone in "Louis" and it's been a non-stop partnership ever since. From Buckcherry's 2013 release Confessions to every live show since, Nelson and "Louis" can be seen and heard almost nightly.
One of the very few original 1959 Les Pauls in existence and a fine example of an instrument that's been well-preserved throughout a lifetime of use (and counting), Gibson Custom has reproduced "Louis" in precise detail, from the original guitar's softly faded burst and lightly aged finish to its individual tone and neck profile. As is the case with the all Collector's Choice guitars, great lengths have been gone to in order to recapture the rare individuality of a very exceptional piece of history, and in this case, a well-travelled and often heard guitar. From digital scanning to audio testing to the unique skills of Gibson's Custom craftspeople, no detail is left unattended, resulting in a masterful recreation of a specific 1959 Les Paul, offering a few collector's and players the chance to experience the look, feel and sound at a very rare piece.
- Body: 1-piece genuine mahogany back, figured maple top
- Neck: 1-piece genuine mahogany
- Fretboard: Single-layer, solid rosewood
- Inlay: Celluloid trapezoid
- Nut: Nylon
- Finish: Nelson Dirty Lemon, Aniline Dye back and sides
- Tuners: Reissue Deluxe Kluson "Greenkeys"
- Tailpiece & Bridge: Lightweight aluminum stopbar with ABR-1 Bridge
- Neck pickup: BurstBucker 3
- Bridge pickup: '57 Classic
- Headstock: Reissue Holly Head Veneer with Pearl Gibson inlay
- Hardware: Nickel
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Collateral: Leather-bound tri-fold Certificate of Authenticity
- Run: Limited Edition of up to 300 Aged, with the availability of qualifying materials ultimately determining the size of the run
Get yours hands on a limited-run Louis before they are all gone. Order today!