- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Custom VOS Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L26761 000001000 L26761000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In the summer of 1968, Gibson did something unprecedented.They re-released two guitar models that were discontinued a decade earlier, a Les Paul Cust...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Desgned to be the last word in historical re-creations.
In the summer of 1968, Gibson did something unprecedented.They re-released two guitar models that were discontinued a decade earlier, a Les Paul Custom and a Les Paul Goldtop. Many famous guitarists at the time adopted 1950s Les Paul models because of their heavy tones, vocal qualities and endless sustain, creating a demand for the classic body style that continues through today.
The 1968 Les Paul Custom stood apart from its predecessors in a few significant ways. Instead of a solid mahogany body, it now had a solid maple top on a mahogany back - adding the clarity and bite that many rock guitarists sought. It also came standard with two humbuckers as opposed to three, providing additional picking clearance.And lastly it had a 14-degree peghead angle for reduced string tension.This set of features instantly became the new standard for the Les Paul Custom model, which has been produced continuously by Gibson ever since.
This Limited-Edition 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Custom was designed to be the final say in historical accuracy, tone and feel. Every detail and spec was meticulously revived by the skilled artisans at Gibson Custom Shop to provide an amazing vintage experience. Each will include an exclusive case, collectible switch plate medallion, throwback hang tags and guitar picks,and a copy of the 1968 Gibson Gazette which announced the new Les Paul models to the world.
- Nitro-finish lightweight solid mahogany body with 2-piece maple top
- 24.75"-scale 1-piece mahogany neck with 22-fret ebony fingerboard
- '68 Custom humbuckers, 3-way pickup switch
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Kluson "Waffleback" tuners
Grab your piece of history, Order a limited-edition '68 Les Paul Custom today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Medium chunky
- Neck wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in long tenon
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Historic
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: '68 Custom
- Bridge: '68 Custom
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson Waffleback
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.