- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Heavy-Aged Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L26762 000001000 L26762000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In the summer of 1968, Gibson did something unprecedented.They re-released two guitar models that were discontinued a decade earlier, a Les Paul Cust...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic reissued in Heavy-Aged style for its 50th birthday.
In the summer of 1968, Gibson did something unprecedented.They re-released two guitar models that were discontinued a decade earlier, a Les Paul Custom and a Les Paul Goldtop. Many famous guitarists at the time adopted 1950s Les Paul models because of their heavy tones, vocal qualities and endless sustain, creating a demand for the classic body style that continues through today.
This very limited-edition 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Goldtop was meticulously crafted to be an exact replica of one well-worn original example - a guitar that just so happens to belong to a Gibson Custom Shop employee who received it new in 1968.
This 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Goldtop was designed to be the final say in historical accuracy, tone and feel. Every detail and spec was meticulously revived by the skilled artisans at Gibson Custom Shop to provide an amazing vintage experience. Each will include an exclusive case, collectible switch plate medallion, throwback hang tags and guitar picks, and a copy of the 1968 Gibson Gazette which announced the new Les Paul models to the world.
- Heavy-aged nitro-finish lightweight solid mahogany body with 2-piece maple top
- 24.75"-scale 1-piece mahogany neck with 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Custom Shop P-90 single-coils, 3-way pickup switch
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Kluson Deluxe tuners
Order your limited -edition Heavy-Aged 50th Anniversary '68 Goldtop now.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Aged Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Medium chunky
- Neck wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in long tenon
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Historic
- Neck finish: Aged Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: P-90
- Bridge: P-90
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe Double Band, Double Line
- Color: Aged nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.