- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom CS-356 Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J37207 000002000 J37207000002000
The Gibson Custom Shop CS-356 Figured Top Electric Guitar is not only a versatile tone machine, it's also a musical dream come true.Since the first s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Upgraded tonewoods, compact size and powerful pickups.
The Gibson Custom Shop CS-356 Figured Top Electric Guitar is not only a versatile tone machine, it's also a musical dream come true.
Since the first semi-hollow ES-335 was released in 1958, Gibson has had the ultimate goal of producing a semi-hollow guitar whose back, center block, and rims would be carved from one piece of wood. In 2001, the Custom Shop realized that dream with the introduction of the CS-336, a guitar whose warm, woody sound and scaled-down body size are the perfect combination of comfort and tone.
With the introduction of the CS-356, a guitar with the same deep tone and comfortable feel but with an extended array of upscale appointments, the Custom Shop has created a big brother for the CS-336.
It features a luxurious AAA figured, book-matched maple top; single-piece solid mahogany back, sides, and center block; slim-taper, one-piece mahogany neck; glassy-smooth, 22-fret Richlite fingerboard; rich pearl block inlays; '57 Classic humbuckers; and stopbar tailpiece. The neck and body are fully bound, and all hardware is gold finished for a classy and sophisticated appearance. Includes case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Bookmatched figured maple
- Body wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Richlite
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Block
- Nut width: 1.59" (40.5)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: '57 Classic
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: '57 Classic
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage with tulip buttons
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Enjoy the feel, sound and beauty of this exceptional hollowbody. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.