Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Historic '56 Les Paul VOS Electric Guitar Gold Toptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The look, feel and searing sound of an original.
While the Les Paul was introduced with its famous gold finish in 1952, it took a few years to figure out the best bridge and tailpiece setup. 1956 was the only full year in which the Les Paul model featured the powerful P-90 pickups and the adjustable ABR-1 bridge and top bar setup, a combination that allowed the Les Paul model to intonate, sustain, and roar like never before.
And in this Historic Series replication, Gibson Custom Shop captures the look, feel and searing sound of an original 1956 Les Paul Goldtop in exhaustive detail, featuring all solid woods, vintage-accurate gold paint, the latest True Historic replica appointments, narrow/tall frets, and hot hide glue construction. Includes hardshell case.
- Gloss-finish maple top on lightweight mahogany body
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck, 22-fret hide-glue-fit rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Custom P-90 single-coil pickups, 3-way switch
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Kluson Deluxe tuners
All the coveted features are here in amazing detail. Order today.
Historic '56 Les Paul VOS Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Lightweight Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Medium chunky
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Custom P-90
- Bridge: Custom P-90
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1 Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson Deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.