- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom Historic '58 Les Paul Standard VOS 2018 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product L20744
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Inspired by the variations that occurred in fading of the original dyes used to create the first Cherry Sunburst finishes that graced the original 19...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
True historic specs grace this gorgeous '58 reissue.
Inspired by the variations that occurred in fading of the original dyes used to create the first Cherry Sunburst finishes that graced the original 1958 intro of the Les Paul Standard, this Gibson Custom features all true-historic-spec parts, including narrow/tall frets and the original "medium-chunky" C-shape neck profile. As close to the tonal and playability characteristics of the original guitars as is possible, these instruments echo the time and sunlight induced fading of the original aniline dyes. They are available in both gloss and VOS (Vintage Old Stock, which emulates the patina an original finish gains with age) versions, so players can choose the look they prefer.
- Nitro-finish solid mahogany body with maple top
- 24.75" scale mahogany neck with 22-fret, 12"-radius rosewood fingerboard
- BurstBucker humbuckers with 3-way toggle selector
- Nickel-plated ABR-1 bridge with stopbar tailpiece, Kluson Deluxe tuners
Grab your own piece of history. Order a '58 Standard today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Medium chunky
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Narrow tall
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.