- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom Historic '59 Les Paul Standard VOS 2018 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L20539 000004000982506 L20539000004000982506
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
1959 is widely considered to be the pinnacle year for Gibson's mid-century solid body electric guitars, and no 1959 Gibson model is more famous than ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The year to get.
1959 is widely considered to be the pinnacle year for Gibson's mid-century solid body electric guitars, and no 1959 Gibson model is more famous than the sunburst Les Paul Standard. At first a commercial failure, the model was eventually adopted by some the world's greatest guitarists - Jimmy Page, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Billy Gibbons, to name a few. The rarity and celebrity association of the model has pushed the values of original examples into the stratosphere.
Gibson Custom's 1959 Les Paul Standard is a painstakingly-accurate replica of these highly-valuable guitars rendered in detail so intricate that even the chemical composition of the parts has been scientifically examined and re-engineered-and that's just one small example. Sonically, visually, and tactilely, owning a 2018 Gibson Custom Shop Historic '59 Les Paul Standard is as close as one can get to owning a priceless original. Available in four beautiful sunburst variations in Gloss and VOS finishes.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Lightweight solid mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Authentic ‘59 medium C
- Neck wood: Solid mahogany, long tenon
- Joint: Set-in, hide glue fit
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Special electronics: 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Bumblebee Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson single band deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: COA
- Country of origin: United States
All the coveted features are here. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.