Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Lee Roy Parnell '59 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar Abilene Sunset Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Gibson Custom Lee Roy Parnell '59 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar Abilene Sunset Burst
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Signature model Les Paul electric guitar with vintage pickup design and sunburst finish
That's how the Gibson Lee Roy Parnell '59 Les Paul Standard electric guitar came to be.
Stunning new look, same meticulous constructionThe construction elements remain the same, from the contoured cutaway edge to the revised pickup routes, which Lee Roy prefers in order to capture more character from the wood. But instead of the Goldtop, this gorgeous new model features a hand-picked figured maple top accented by an "Abilene Sunset Fade" burst, inspired by Lee Roy's beloved hometown in Texas. Under the hood, each guitar in this new signature line features an underwound '57 Classic humbucker in the neck, an underwound '57 Classic Plus in the bridge, and the all-new Vintage Tone Circuit which uses paper-in-oil capacitors and vintage taper potentiometers.
Every single detail has been given Lee Roy's enthusiastic seal of approval.
- Signature model designed in collaboration with Lee Roy Parnell
- Dual vintage '59 humbucker pickups with specialized coil design
- Solid mahogany Les Paul body with maple top in sunburst finish
- Individual tone and volume controls for both pickups
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge with lightweight aluminum stopbar
Want a guitar hand-picked by a master of tone? Order now.
Lee Roy Parnell '59 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Custom
- Neck wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Celluloid Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Covered Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Covered Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual tone, Individual volume
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Performance Level: Professional
- Case: Rigid Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.