- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom Prototype Les Paul Custom Colorado Sunrise BurstElectric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 423343
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Gibson Prototype Les Paul Custom Colorado Sunrise Burst is a limited run electric guitar that has an exquisite finish that is simply fabulous. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A rare one-of-a-kind gorgeous Les Paul Custom with a unique finish, fast slim taper neck, and a chambered body.
The Gibson Prototype Les Paul Custom Colorado Sunrise Burst is a limited run electric guitar that has an exquisite finish that is simply fabulous. This one of a kind axe has both a handwritten "proto 001" and a custom shop serial number on the back of the headstock. Features include a carved flamed maple top, chambered mahogany body, lavish white/black body binding, single-piece mahogany neck with a '60s slim taper profile, and a long tenon neck joint. The bound ebony fretboard has 22 frets and pearloid block inlays. The headstock has a classic split diamond inlay.
The Gibson Custom Colorado Sunrise guitar is loaded with a 490R humbucker in the neck position and a 498T humbucker in the bridge position. The 490R has the tonal characteristics of an original PAF, but with a slight increase in upper mid-range response. Taking the 490 one step further, the 498 swaps the Alnico II magnet to an Alnico V, thus making it slightly hotter with emphasis on mid-ranges and highs. All hardware on this beauty is gold including an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, and Grover tuners. Includes Gibson hardshell guitar case.
- Body style: Gibson Les Paul with hand written "proto 001" and a serial number on back of headstock
- Finish: Colorado Sunrise Burst
- Back: chambered mahogany
- Top: carved maple
- Neck: 1-piece set mahogany
- Neck profile: Slim-tapered '60
- Neck joint location: 19th fret
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Scale length: 24-3/4"
- No. Of frets: 22
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Neck inlays: Pearloid block
- Headstock inlay: Split diamond
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with stopbar tailpiece
- Knobs: Black
- Tuners: Grover
- Neck pickup: 490R humbucker with Alnico II magnet
- Bridge pickup: 498T humbucker with Alnico V magnet
- Controls: Two volume, two tone, 3-way toggle pickup
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Binding: Black/white body
- Case: Hardshell