- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Songwriter Modern EC Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L28134 000001000 L28134000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A great choice for today's younger player, the Songwriter Modern EC mahogany acoustic-electric guitar embodies Gibson's time-tested, hand-built ...Click To Read More About This Product
A Songwriter bred for the modern player with slimmer neck profile and eye-popping finish.
A great choice for today's younger player, the Songwriter Modern EC mahogany acoustic-electric guitar embodies Gibson's time-tested, hand-built construction methods with forward-thinking design. Like all guitars in the Gibson Modern Series, it features a domed top and back, hand-fitted dovetail neck joint, hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer finish with a delicious Light Cherry Burst top, multi-ply body top abalone binding, abalone rosette and mother-of-pearl dot inlays. Making it an easy transition for electric players and the aspiring player who wants to step up with confidence, the Songwriter Modern EC Mahogany acoustic-electric guitar adds increased familiarity and player comfort with an Advanced Response carved neck profile, slimmer body and flatter fingerboard.
The Songwriter Modern EC Mahogany acoustic-electric comes with a hardshell case.
- Sitka spruce top with mahogany body
- Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup with volume control
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish with Light Cherry Burst top
- Mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Multi-ply top binding
- Single-ply back binding
- Compound dovetail neck-to-body joint
- Traditional belly up bridge
Pen your next tune with this Songwriter. Order yours today.
- Body type: Square shoulder Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Advanced Response
- Nut width: 1.725" (43.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany/ebony/mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Mini Grover Rotomatics
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: TUSQ
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Not specified
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.