- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L Legacy Special Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H99787 000001000 H99787000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The G&L Legacy Special blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender-designed S-500 and Comanche models with potent blade 'buckers designed...Click To Read More About This Product
A classic with three blade-buckers, modern refinements and superb craftsmanship.
The G&L Legacy Special blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender-designed S-500 and Comanche models with potent blade 'buckers designed by Paul Gagon. And not all blade pickups are the same; while all are humbucking, there's a fine line between going for power and losing that characteristic chime and quack or classic single coils. If you're up for a meatier tone but don't want to stray too far, the Legacy Special makes for an excellent choice.
Just like the Alnico-equipped Legacy, the Legacy Special includes Leo's PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup. What's more, the Legacy Special features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. The Legacy Specials' hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its 12" radius lets you bend notes deeply and its Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you'll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that'll have your pulse racing.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- G&L Dual-Blade in neck and middle position, G&L Power-Blade in bridge position
- Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes (chose in drop down menu)
- Hard rock maple with rosewood fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1-5/8" nut-width
- 100% natural bone nut
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with chrome plated brass saddles
- 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system)
- G&L deluxe Tolex case
Experience the genius of Leo's contribution to the guitar-playing world. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.