- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L SC-2 Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L21699 000001000 L21699000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This is the perfect time for the G&L SC-2 Electric Guitar to make a comeback. It's been more than 20 years since G&L made the SC-2, though it...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
For players who demand a versatile guitar capable of handling any situation.
This is the perfect time for the G&L SC-2 Electric Guitar to make a comeback. It's been more than 20 years since G&L made the SC-2, though its popularity is getting stronger each year. G&L is proud to announce that the SC-2 is back and better than ever!
Introduced in 1982, the G&L SC-2 guitar's distinctive shape and tone resonated with the New Wave movement. Pioneers like Devo's Bob Mothersbaugh immediately embraced creator Leo Fender's SC-2. The SC-2 was pure Leo genius-fresh, forward-looking, and fun.
Though the '80s New Wave movement gave way to glam rock, which gave way to the grunge movement in the '90s, what comes around goes around. Today's indie-pop musicians are increasingly embracing the aesthetic of early '80s New Wave scene; evolving it with the edginess that today's indie scene grew up with. The SC-2 was perfect for its time as well as today's direction, and consequently vintage SC-2s have been growing in value as gigging musicians and collectors alike are discovering-or rediscovering-one of Leo's coolest guitars.
Leo demanded that G&L designs continue to improve, and we think he'd be pleased with the latest axe to emerge from Fender Avenue. This is no reissue, as the new SC-2 has evolved to meet the needs and tastes of today's musician. The distinctive body profile is faithful to the original, but now features G&L's generously sculpted arm and back contours for added comfort as well as repositioned controls for ease of use. The result is a light, compact body that just feels great, whether hanging on a strap or strumming in a chair.
Things have evolved up top, too, with a neck featuring our easy-playing contemporary Modern-C profile, capped with the stylish mid-80's G&L headstock shape incorporating G&L's trademark "hook" design. What's more, this neck blends a vintage vibe with modern playability with its Gun Oil Tint finished with satin on the back and gloss on the headstock face.
The SC-2 electric guitar is powered by a pair of G&L large MFD single-coil pickups, yielding a broad range of tonalities for even the most diversified of players. The neck pickup is a traditional-spec large MFD, which has a warm, spongy response with just the right amount of top-end articulation. The bridge position features an over-wound "fat" MFD pickup for a powerful, smooth vocal presence that's great for clean or overdriven textures. The SC-2's sonic territory covers punchy indie-pop riffs, straight-ahead blues rock, smooth jazz, even jangly country licks. For players who demand a versatile guitar capable of handling any situation, the SC-2 gets it done with comfort and style.
- Gloss-finish solid alder body
- Satin-finish 25.5"-scale hard-rock maple neck with 22-fret, 12"-radius maple fingerboard
- Dual G&L MFD (Magnetic Field Design) single-coil pickups, 3-way pickup selector
- Thru-body strung G&L Saddle-Lock fixed bridge, sealed, die-cast tuners
Order a guitar that gets the job done with comfort and style.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C classic
- Neck wood: Hard-rock Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.63 in. (41.4 mm) Molded
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: MFD Single-coil Ceramic
- Bridge: MFD Single-coil Ceramic
- Brand: G&L
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: G&L saddle lock
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear