- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L Tribute ASAT Special Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H88866 000003000 H88866000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The G&L ASAT Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo's ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender l...Click To Read More About This Product
Familiar body, bolt-on maple neck and Leo Fender-designed jumbo single-coil pickups.
The G&L ASAT Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo's ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had thirty-five years earlier. History buffs will recall that the Broadkaster name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became "ASAT," which is US military shorthand for an "Anti-Satellite" missile.
The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil that is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones. What's more, this ASAT Special is offered in either a traditionally G&L Swamp Ash body for maximum attack, or a mahogany body for that righteous ˜80s G&L blend of jumbo MFD power mellowed by the high porosity of mahogany. Two great ASAT flavors, yours for the picking.
Case sold separately.
- Swamp Ash body (Blueburst) or Mahogany (Tobacco Sunburst)
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Leo Fender-designed jumbo G&L MFD single coils made in Fullerton, California
- 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- 18:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Case sold separately
Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you™ll never look back. Order today.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25-1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender-designed jumbo G&L MFD single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash (Blueburst) or Mahogany (Tobacco Sunburst)
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1-5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.