- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L Tribute S-500 Left Handed Electric Guitar Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L36937 000001000 L36937000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The G&L S-500 debuted in 1982 as Leo's own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Ful...Click To Read More About This Product
Packed with Leo's final innovations for exceptional value.
The G&L S-500 debuted in 1982 as Leo's own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Fulcrum vibrato and Magnetic Field Design single-coil pickups, each designed by Leo Fender himself. These MFD pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end and robust bottom end, all without losing midrange focus.
You'll find plenty of punch in the MFD pickups, but what's surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the S-500's PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups. What's more, the G&L Tribute Series S-500 includes a push-pull expander switch on the treble pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special.
The G&L Tribute Series S-500 features one of Leo's favorite pairings: the power of MFD pickups mellowed by the high porosity of a mahogany body. Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo's Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
Leo's forward-looking spirit is clearly reflected in the S-500, a guitar he designed for players who share that spirit. And now, it's available at a price within reach of every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you'll never look back.
Case sold separately.
- Gloss-finish solid mahogany body
- 25.5"-scale hard-rock maple neck with 22-fret, 12"-radius maple fingerboard
- Leo Fender-designed MFD single-coil pickups, 5-way switch plus expander switch
- G&L Dual Fulcrum tremolo bridge, sealed high-ratio tuners
Get the most for your budget. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: C standard
- Neck wood: Hard-rock Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.62 in. (41.3 mm) Not specified
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: MFD single-coil
- Middle: MFD single-coil
- Bridge: MFD single-coil
- Brand: G&L
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: PTB system, Push/Pull Expander switch
- Control layout: Volume, treble, bass
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Dual-Fulcrum
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.