- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gretsch Guitars G5420T Electromatic Single Cut Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J38469 000001000 J38469000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
No nonsense, Electromatic hollow-body guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynam...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Elegant style and full-on Gretsch sound.
No nonsense, Electromatic hollow-body guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynamic and articulate, and crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
Alive and resonant, the G5420TG has fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron voice that explodes with huge punch and clear, strong presence. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning. It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
Premium features include:
* Dual “Black Top” Filter’tron humbucking pickups
* Gold hardware
* Versatile upgraded controls including master volume treble-bleed circuit
* Oversized bound F holes and aged multi-ply body binding
* Smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock
* Graph Tech NuBone nut
* Pearloid Neo-Classic “thumbnail” fingerboard inlays
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼* Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece
Body shape: Single cutaway
Body type: Hollow body
Body material: Laminated
Top wood: Maple
Body wood: Maple
Body finish: Gloss
Orientation: Right handed
Neck shape: U
Neck wood: Maple
Scale length: 24.6 in.
Truss rod: Standard
Neck finish: Gloss
Radius: 12 in.
Fret size: Medium jumbo
Number of frets: 22
Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
Neck: Blacktop Filter'Tron
Middle: Not applicable
Bridge: Blacktop Filter'Tron
Active or passive pickups: Passive
Series or parallel: Series
Active EQ: No
Special electronics: None
Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master volume, master tone
Pickup switch: 3-way
Coil tap or split: No
Kill switch: No
Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
Bridge design: Adjusto-matic with rosewood base
Tailpiece: Bigsby B60
Tuning machines: Vintage-style
Number of strings: 6-string
Special features: Electronics
Case: Sold separately
Country of origin: South Korea
Get that great Gretsch sound and style. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.