- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gretsch Guitars G5422T Electromatic Double Cutaway Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J39896 000002000 J39896000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
No nonsense, Electromatic hollowbody guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynami...Click To Read More About This Product
Essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
No nonsense, Electromatic hollowbody guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynamic and articulate, and crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
Sleek yet aggressive, the G5422T has a thinner, fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron voice that captures the resonant hollow-body sound with a more present and chiming voice. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning. It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud. Case sold separately.
Dual “Black Top” Filter’tron humbucking pickups
Versatile upgraded controls including master volume treble-bleed circuit
Oversized bound F holes and aged multi-ply body binding
Smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock
Graph Tech NuBone nut
Pearloid Neo-Classic “thumbnail” fingerboard inlays
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Laminated
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.6"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Thumbnail
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Blacktop Filter'Tron
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Blacktop Filter'Tron
- Brand: Gretsch
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, volume 1, volume 2, tone control
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Adjusto-matic with rosewood base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B60
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style open-back
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Own that great Gretsch sound. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.