- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild D-40 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- J51480 000001000 J51480000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The D-40 is perfect for players looking for the big, bold dreadnought sound. The classic wood combination of a solid Sitka spruce top and solid Afr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
All of the elements of a classic dreadnought.
The D-40 is perfect for players looking for the big, bold dreadnought sound. The classic wood combination of a solid Sitka spruce top and solid African mahogany back and sides provides remarkable volume, clarity and sustain. The D-40 features an East Indian rosewood bridge and fingerboard, premium 20:1 open-gear tuners, and a hand-cut bone nut and saddle. An elegant and thin satin varnish finish gives this guitar its familiar broken-in look and feel, while allowing the tone woods to reach their optimal sonic potential.
The D-40’s timeless appointments include a vintage style rosette, tortoiseshell pickguard, white ABS binding, and Guild’s peak logo inlaid on the headstock. Each D-40 comes with a hand-signed, numbered certificate of authenticity, and ships with a Guild archtop wood case with a built-in Humicase humidification system. Finish options include satin varnish in Natural, or Antique Burst with Cabernet back, sides and neck. A discreet, USA-made LR Baggs Element VTC pickup is also available.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped Sitka
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.625 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Vintage-Style Open-Gear
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
If you are considering a spruce and mahogany dreadnought, keep the D-40 on your short list.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.