- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild D-40E Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J51883 000001000 J51883000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Guild D-40 Traditional embodies the features that have made the D-40 one of Guild's most beloved and revered models. Using a high-grade solid Sit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An amplified dreadnought with a big American personality.
The Guild D-40 Traditional embodies the features that have made the D-40 one of Guild's most beloved and revered models. Using a high-grade solid Sitka spruce top and solid African mahogany back and sides, Guild adds scalloped Adirondack braces for power, nuance and responsiveness.
The D-40 Traditional's three piece mahogany and walnut neck is topped with an Indian rosewood fingerboard and is joined to the body with an authentic dovetail joint. This classic dreadnought is handsomely appointed with a tortoiseshell pickguard, rosette and binding, a genuine mother-of-pearl Guild Peak and Chesterfield logo inlaid on the headstock, and nickel-plated open gear tuners.
A lustrous nitrocellulose lacquer provides an elegant finish to this masterpiece, optimizing the beauty and resonant qualities of its premium woods.
The Guild D-40E is equipped with the LR Baggs Element pickup system. Unlike typical undersaddle acoustic guitar pickups that are dependent on string compression for their sound, the Element was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play.
At the heart of the pickup, a flexible film sensor only 2 thousandths of an inch thick picks up the guitar’s most delicate nuances. Tracking the motion of the top rather than a direct string attack suppresses “quack” caused by compression and unlocks the Element’s unrivaled dynamic range. The pickup’s minimalist construction lessens any influence on the acoustic properties and creates an intimate coupling between the pickup and guitar for the highest fidelity possible.Each D-40E Traditional includes a hand-signed, numbered certificate of authenticity, and ships with a Guild humidified hardshell case. Natural top, also available in Antique Sunburst. Proudly made in the USA.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped Adirondack Spruce
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck wood: 3-piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Tuning machines: Vintage-Style Open-Gear
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
A special instrument. The voice of authority. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.