- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild F-40E Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00494 000001000 L00494000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Achieve incredible clarity, balance and volume with Guild's jumbo-shaped F-40E, made in Southern California. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top and s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Vintage charm, tasteful appointments and amazing tone.
Achieve incredible clarity, balance and volume with Guild's jumbo-shaped F-40E, made in Southern California. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top and solid African mahogany back and sides, this jumbo acoustic checks all the boxes for players who prize outstanding projection and enhanced mid-range. Its predecessor, the F-48 Navarre, was only produced from 1972 to 1976 and original versions are a rare treasure.
Today’s reissue manifests the same vintage charm with timeless and tasteful appointments such as a tortoiseshell pickguard, white ABS binding, and Guild’s peak logo inlaid on the headstock. Premium materials such as an East Indian rosewood bridge and fingerboard, 20:1 open-gear tuners, and a hand-cut bone nut and saddle all match today’s standards for fine acoustics. A satin varnish finish gives this guitar its familiar broken-in look and feel, while allowing the tone woods to “breathe” and reach their sonic potential.
Each F-40E ships with a Guild archtop wood case with a built-in Humicase humidification system. This model comes with a discreet, USA-made LR Baggs Element VTC pickup for plugged-in excellence.
- Body type: Jumbo
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Solid mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style open-gear
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Made to played. Order yours today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.