- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild M-40E Troubadour Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51472 000001000 J51472000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Formerly known as the F-20, this style of guitar was made popular by many artists in the folk era. Back under a new name and designed with some of th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A modern makeover, including the addition of L.R. Baggs electronics, for a popular folk era concert guitar.
Formerly known as the F-20, this style of guitar was made popular by many artists in the folk era. Back under a new name and designed with some of the modern techniques pioneered by master luthier, Ren Ferguson, this small-bodied American-made sweetheart still radiates the same, charming vintage character.
The M-40E Troubadour’s Sitka spruce top is paired with African mahogany back and sides to provide a delicate, well-rounded tone that is perfect for fingerstyle playing and light strumming. The M-40E's small, concert-size body is comfortable and lightweight, and features white ABS binding, a rosewood bridge and fingerboard, and a bone nut and saddle. A thin satin varnish gives this guitar its familiar, broken-in look and feel, while also allowing it to breathe. The M-40E includes a discreet, USA-made L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup.
The M-40E Troubadour’s timeless appointments include a vintage-style rosette and Guild’s peak logo inlaid on the headstock. Each M-40E comes with a hand-signed, numbered certificate of authenticity, and ships with a humidified hardshell case.
- Cream ABS binding
- Black and cream ABS top purfling
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- Single action truss rod
- Ivory colored plastic bridge pins
- Coated Phosphor Bronze Light .012-.053 strings
Join the Guild family with this reborn classic. Order today.
- Body type: Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Solid African mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Sitka spruce
- Body finish: Satin varnish, natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Guild vintage-style open gear
- Bridge: Indian rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Truss rod wrench
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.