- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hagstrom Viking Baritone Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H98492 000001000 H98492000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As the Viking is renowned as an instrument capable of delivering a wide variety of tones to suit a multitude of playing styles, Hagstrom expands the ...Click To Read More About This Product
A semi-hollowbody with specially-designed pickups for a variety of deep tones.
As the Viking is renowned as an instrument capable of delivering a wide variety of tones to suit a multitude of playing styles, Hagstrom expands the selection of Viking models with the introduction of the new Hagstrom Viking Baritone electric guitar.
Like its sibling, the Viking Baritone was specially designed to produce a wider range of tonal versatility to players looking for an instrument in the lower voiced sub-range to cover a multitude of music styles. They have even developed two entirely new Hagstrom pickups to further compliment the variation of different tones that this guitar was to produce.
The Viking Baritone includes the new Hagstrom "Custom 58'C" Humbucker in the bridge position, being a semi-open coiled humbucker enhancing the instruments acoustic ringing clarity and sustain, even in the lower sub-registers offered by this instrument. Hagstrom's new "P-Urified" pickup, being a specially designed full humbucking sized P-90 pickup, sits in the neck position and offers a warm and open tone while keeping the lower frequencies "tight and controlled".
The Viking Baritone delivers a variation of "varied bari-tones" from clean and classic sounds recognizable from the 1960's, crunchy overdriven sounds from the 70's and 80's, and even perfectly caters to the modern day "œber-Driven" tones demanded by modern day players. Even at higher volumes using excessive gain, the Viking Baritone provides the player with an ability to offer controlled "musical feedback," thanks to the instruments semi-hollow body. The 28" scaled Viking Baritone neck is equipped with 22 frets, opposed to the more commonly used 24 fret baritone guitars, being offered on the market today. Case sold separately.
- Body: Semi-Hollow Contoured Ply Flamed Maple
- Neck: Canadian Hard Maple, set
- Fingerboard: Resinator Fretboard with Hagstrom Pearl Block Position Marks
- Fretboard Radius: 12
- Trussrod: H-Expander
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom 18:1 Die Cast
- Scale Length: 28"
- Pickups: Custom 58'C Bridge
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic w/ Hagstrom Stop Tail
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone
- String Setup: 13-62 - .013, .017, .026, .036, .046, .062
- Case sold separately
Get ready for some Swedish flair and deep tones. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.