- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez AVC11MH Artwood Vintage Thermo-Aged Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L64145 000002000 L64145000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The “modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition” has long been the catchphrase for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in h...Click To Read More About This Product
Aged for amazing response and louder sound.
The “modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition” has long been the catchphrase for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in history and borrows the best features of highly desired vintage instruments.
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an “aging” process to the tonewood —“ Thermo Aged “ tonewood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature, which is commonly known as “baking” or “torrefaction.”
Only specially selected and seasoned tonewood can be cured to Thermo Aged wood. The wood is heated in a vacuum with a specific recipe for each kind of the wood in order to release water and decompose resin contained within the wood.
As a result, Thermo Aged tonewood becomes light, hard and stable like tonewood dried for decades, while providing amazing response and a louder sound. The tone character includes a full-bodied low-end and a great smooth sustain in the treble strings which are common features of vintage guitars.
The AVC11 features the Thermo Aged Solid Okoume Top which also delivers a vintage feel dry sound.
Furthermore, a semi gloss antique finish offers even more of a vintage appearance.
Combined with a Okoume back and Thermo Aged Spruce X bracing, the AVC11MH provides a wide open resonant sound with a vivid tone projection. The Nyatoh soft-V shape neck in satin finish with a Ovangkol fretboard provide greater playing comfort. An unbleached bone nut and saddle were chosen for their ability to transfer the string vibration naturally. Case sold separately.
Grab this great-sounding guitar. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Okoume
- Back & sides: Okoume
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Soft V
- Nut width: 1.77 in. (45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ovangkol
- Neck wood: Nyatoh
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.