- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez AVC9 Artwood Vintage Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J42634 000001000 J42634000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The “modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition” has long been Ibanez's catchphrase for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back...Click To Read More About This Product
A new guitar with the feel and tone of a vintage instrument.
The “modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition” has long been Ibanez's catchphrase for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in history and borrows the best features of highly desired vintage instruments.
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an “aging” process to the tone wood—“Termo Aged" tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as “baking” or “torrefaction”. Only choice selected and seasoned tone wood can be cured to Thermo Aged wood. The wood is heated in a vacuum with a specific recipe for each kind of the wood in order to release water and decompose resin contained within the wood. As a result, Thermo Aged tone wood becomes light, hard and stable like tone wood dried for decades, while providing amazing response and a louder sound. The tone character includes a full-bodied low-end and a great smooth sustain in the treble strings which are common features of vintage guitars.
The grand concert body shape of the AVC9, along with Thermo Aged Mahogany top with Thermo Aged Spruce X bracing and shorter scale delivers a wide dynamic sound when strumming, quick response when finger picking, thanks to the light weight Open Pore Natural finish. Mahogany top/back/sides body construction creates rich, bright and balanced tonal character, while the Tortoiseshell body binding gives this guitar a true vintage vibe. The mahogany soft-V shape neck in satin finish with a Rosewood fretboard provides playing comfort. Open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio) ensure accurate, stable tuning and help reduce the headstock weight, while bringing vintage vibe in its looks. A bone nut and saddle are chosen for its ability to transfer the string vibration naturally. D'Addario® Nickel Bronze strings emphasize the natural voice of Thermo Aged wood with incredible clarity, resonance and projection.
- Body type: Grand Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Thermo-Aged Mahogany
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Open Pore Natural Neck
- Neck shape: U
- Nut width: 45mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 634mm (25”)
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Open Pore Natural
- Electronics Pickup/preamp: N/A
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome Open-Gear
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: D’Addario NB1253 Nickel Bronze Strings
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.