- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez AVD11-ANS Artwood Vintage Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00111 000001000 L00111000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The "modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition" has long been Ibanez's motto for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in hi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Solid Thermo-Aged top for that broken-in sound right out the box.
The "modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition" has long been Ibanez's motto for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in history and borrows the best features from highly desired vintage instruments.
The Artwood Vintage series, which includes this AVD11-ANS dreadnought, now employs another vintage element by applying an “aging” process to the tonewood. The wood is Thermo Aged through a special drying process at high temperatures which is commonly referred to as “baking” or “torrefaction”. Only specially selected and seasoned tonewood can be cured using this process. The wood is heated in a vacuum with a specific process for each type of the wood, in order to release water and decompose resin contained within the material.
As a result, the AVD11-ANS Artwood Vintage Dreadnought's Thermo Aged tonewood becomes light, hard and stable, approximating the tonal characteristics of wood that has dried for decades, while providing amazing response and a louder sound. The tonal character includes a full-bodied low-end and a great smooth sustain in the treble notes which are common features of vintage guitars.
The AVD11-ANS Artwood Vintage features a Thermo Aged solid Caucasian spruce top which also delivers a dry, vintage sound. Furthermore, a semi-gloss antique finish offers an even more classic appearance. The AVD11 Artwood’s dreadnought body shape, combined with its mahogany back and Thermo Aged spruce X bracing, provides a wide open resonant sound with a vivid tonal projection. The satin-finished, soft-V-shaped mahogany neck provides increased playing comfort. An unbleached oil-impregnated bone nut and saddle were chosen for their ability to naturally transfer string vibration.
Case sold separately.
- Dovetail neck joint
- 15.7" fingerboard radius
- Gold mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Wooden multi-rosette
- Ibanez Advantage bridge pins
- D'Addario EXP16 strings
Before you get to enjoy playing it, you got to buy it. Click or call now.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Thermo Aged Caucasian spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Semi-gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Soft V
- Nut width: 1.7 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ovangkol
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.6 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Ovangkol
- Tuning machines: Antique chrome with oval knobs
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Saddle and nut: Unbleached oil-impregnated bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, bridge pin
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.