Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Ibanez AZ242BC AZ Premium Electric Guitar Deep Espresso Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Ibanez AZ242BC AZ Premium Electric Guitar Deep Espresso Burst$1,299.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The Ibanez AZ242BC features impeccable workmanship, a Bocote top, a Roasted Maple neck, Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups and the dyna-MIX 10 switching system.
The AZ series carries with it all of the hallmarks of these tried and tested Ibanez qualities: the smooth oval neck profile, the well balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing unrivaled playability an upper fret access. It also features a new tremolo bridge, as well as newly developed Hyperion pickups, produced in collaboration with Seymour Duncan. All of these elements help the AZ push the existing boundaries of playability and sound to the next level for modern cutting-edge players, while also providing a touch of classic styling.
The AZ’s Roasted Maple neck increases the wood’s stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. <br>In order to achieve a supremely comfortable neck, the fretboard edge is finished with a smooth curve that extends through the border between the fretboard and the neck to the fretboard itself. The Oval C neck shape allows for a comfortable grip in the lower register, and a more modern feel in the higher register. Luminescent side dots also provide a great point of reference on dark stages.
A shallow rear body contour combines with a larger forearm contour increases player comfort. The pickups, designed in collaboration with Seymour Duncan, are a moderate output pickup, sporting Alnico-5 magnets to keep the clarity of the fundamental tone while using distortion. This design also provides a dynamic and clear pick attack. From treble to bass, the overall tone is evenly balanced and works well with various effects. A newly developed dyna-MIX 10 switching system provides excellent versatility in that it has 10 different possible pickup combinations by way of the mini toggle and 5-way blade switch.
The T1502 bridge is a result of direct collaboration between Ibanez and GOTOH. The narrower string spacing allows for easy picking across strings, for styles such as string skipping and hybrid picking. The snap and hold tremolo arm socket makes it easy to load a tremolo arm, and the arm torque adjuster allows for fine torque adjustments without any tools. The stud lock screws lock the stud bolts in place, for better tuning stability and resonance. The 2-point floating tremolo system creates a super smooth tremolo motion in either direction.
The AZ is also equipped with GOTOH H.A.P-M locking machine heads, which have an established reputation for tuning stability. Its H. A. P (Height Adjustable Post) system allows for the adjustment of string posts to attain appropriate tension on each individual string. Gig bag included.
AZ Oval C Roasted Maple neck
Bocote top/American Basswood body <br>•
Roasted Maple fretboard w/Black dot inlay and Luminescent side dot inlay <br>• Jumbo Stainless steel frets <br>• Graph Tech TUSQ nut<br>• Gotoh T1502 tremolo bridge<br>• Seymour Duncan Hyperion (H) neck pickup <br>• Seymour Duncan Hyperion (H) bridge pickup<br>• Gotoh H.A.P-M locking machine heads<br>• dyna-MIX 10 switching system w/Alter switch<br>• Chrome Hardware <br>• Case included <
- American Basswood body, Bocote top
- Oval C Roasted Maple neck, Roasted Maple fretboard, 24 Jumbo Stainless steel frets
- 2 Seymour Duncan Alnico-5 Hyperion humbucking pickups, dyna-MIX 10 switching system w/Alter switch
- Graph Tech TUSQ nut, Gotoh T1502 tremolo bridge, Gotoh H.A.P-M locking tuners, Chrome Hardware
The Ibanez AZ242BC is the perfect precision machine to bring your musical dreams to life. Order today.
AZ242BC AZ Premium Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Bocote
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Oval C
- Neck wood: Roasted Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish:
- Material: Roasted Maple
- Radius: 15.75 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker
- Bridge: Humbucker
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: dyna-MIX 10 switching system
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Mini-toggle
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Gotoh T1502
- Tuning machines: Gotoh locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: Japan
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.