- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Jazz II Electric Guitar
- Product 423945
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Originally on the cutting edge of electric guitar design, the Jazz II is an extremely versatile instrument for stage and studio, with the ability to ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A reissue of one of the most famous, revered, and collected of the Kay electric guitars.
Originally on the cutting edge of electric guitar design, the Jazz II is an extremely versatile instrument for stage and studio, with the ability to deliver a range of sounds from warm jazz to shredding heavy metal. The Jazz II double-cutaway electric guitar has a 15-inch wide thin hollow body with a rosewood fingerboard with shark fin inlays, Grover tuners, Bigsby Style Tremolo and two single coil pickups. This edition was developed and created by known luthier Roger Fritz.
Among the most notable of artists in the early '60s was 17 year old Eric Clapton who used the Kay Jazz II with his first band "The Roosters". Striking beauty, tone, and playability make this guitar an overall winner in any style of music and provides a vintage chic that will continue to wow the crowd.
The Kay Guitar Company has always been the major producer of guitars since 1890. Most players may not know that, in 1928, Kay was the first company to start production of electric guitars in the USA. From 1952 through 1964, The Kay Guitar Company excelled at producing quality professional electric guitars with unique designs and features. Includes case.
- Model Number: K775
- Model name: Jazz II
- Style: double-cutaway thinline hollow body electric guitar
- Scale length: 26"
- Finish: high gloss protective polyester polymer
- Colors: black (K775BK), natural blonde (K775B), sunburst (K775S)
- Top: 3-ply arched curly maple
- Back: maple
- Binding: multi-ply black and white celluloid
- Headstock: Original gold "K" chevron displaying the 3-D raised "Kel-von-ator" style emblem. Truss rod cover has Roger Fritz signature.
- Neck: maple
- Neck shape: soft "C"
- Neck joint: dovetail
- Nut width: 1-11/16" bone
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: shark fin
- Hardware: chrome
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Pickups: two "Kleenex Box" Gold K single-coil with adjustable pole pieces
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, and 3-way switch
- Bridge: fixed roller
- Tailpiece: Bigsby Vibrato
- Case: vintage arched top wood hardshell