- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Thin Twin Left-Handed Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69700 000001000 L69700000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The K161 Kay Thin Twin electric guitar was originally introduced in 1952 and was known as the "Jimmy Reed" or "Howlin' Wolf" model. T-Bone Burnett pl...Click To Read More About This Product
Re-create the sounds of the early rock and blues masters with this reissue.
The K161 Kay Thin Twin electric guitar was originally introduced in 1952 and was known as the "Jimmy Reed" or "Howlin' Wolf" model. T-Bone Burnett played a Thin Twin to back up Robert Plant and Allison Krause at the 2009 Grammy Awards. The Thin Twin was the first guitar able to create that unique blues sound from the special Kay interior bracing that made the instrument a favorite among blues players as well as rockers of the '50s and '60s.
The Thin Twin got its name from its two blade pickups, known for their distinctive clean, sharp, sustaining sound. The Thin Twin's hollowbody chamber parallel bracing produces that gutsy, bluesy, raw sound, creating a clean natural distortion without feedback. Includes case.
- Gloss-finished maple top, sides and back, tone-chambered body
- 24.75"-scale hard maple neck, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Dual custom twin-blade pickups, 3-way switch
- Tune-o-matic bridge, trapeze tailpiece, vintage-style tuners
click or call to order your left-handed Kay Thin Twin today.
- Body shape: Single Cutaway
- Body type: Semi-Hollow
- Body material: Solid Wood
- Top wood: Laminated Maple
- Body wood: Laminated Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Block
- Nut width/material: 1.69 in. (43 mm) Bone
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Individual volume Individual tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics:
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Sold Separately
- Orientation: Left Handed
- Country of Origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.