- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-X2E Macassar Ebony Sunburst Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71586 000000000 L71586000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 6-string DX1AE Macassar Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar features a dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfe...Click To Read More About This Product
Sitka spruce top paired with Macassar-pattern HPL back and sides, and Fishman Sonitone soundhole preamp.
The 6-string DX1AE Macassar Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar features a dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfect for live performance and in the studio. Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the Macassar-pattern HPL back and sides, the DX1AE Macassar Dreadnought has a clear, balanced tone, with all the sustain and dynamic range you have come to expect from a Martin guitar. The mortise and tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone and sustain.
Dressed in an attractive sunburst hand-rubbed finish, Macassar HPL headplate, and chrome tuners, this guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up. Richlite is forest-friendly material that has similar tonal characteristics to ebony. It’s light, easy to play, and less effected by humidity changes in the environment.
For easy playability, the DX1AE Macassar Burst comes with a modified low oval neck, with Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut width. The neck profile and string spacing make it easy for players to play up and down the fingerboard with ease.
This DX1AE Macassar Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for volume and tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.
Martin quality at an entry-level price. Step up to Martin and Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: HPL Macassar
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Performing artist
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Granadillo
- Neck wood: Select hardwood
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman MX
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Bridge: Granadillo
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.