- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin 15 Series D-15M Burst Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- J04717 000000000 J04717000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin D-15M acoustic guitar with a burst top. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A perfect blend of vintage features and modern appointments.
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The Martin D-15M acoustic guitar with a burst top. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company still embraces design techniques introduced many years ago to create their guitars' timeless tone.
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin D-15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin D-15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a simplified dovetail neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses two pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
This Martin guitar's solid mahogany neck further complements the crisp, defined acoustic sound of this dreadnought. The bridge and fingerboard are solid East Indian rosewood, adding smooth sustain to the mix. The 14 open frets, 1-11/16" nut width, 2-1/8" bridge string spacing, and 16" radius add comfort for your intricate fingerboard movements.
Other appointments include a single-ring rosette, bone nut, solid/square taper headstock, solid East Indian rosewood headplate, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay, belly-style bridge, nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs, and a solid black ebony bridge and end pins. Dressed in a soft satin finish and featuring a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, the Martin D-15M guitar glows with classic vintage looks and sound.
Includes a Martin 345 hardshell guitar case.
- Model: D-15M
- Construction: Simplified dovetail neck joint
- Body size: D-14 fret
- Top: solid genuine mahogany
- Rosette: single ring
- Top bracing pattern: A-frame ''X''
- Top braces: solid sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back and sides: solid genuine mahogany
- Neck: solid genuine mahogany
- Neck shape: modified low oval
- Nut material: bone
- Headstock: solid/square taper
- Headplate: solid East Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Scale length: 25.4''
- Number of frets clear: 14
- Number of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard position inlays: diamonds & squares - short pattern
- Finish: satin
- Bridge material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Bridge style: belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' radius/compensated/bone
- Tuning machines: nickel open-geared with butterbean knobs
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP4200)
- Bridge & end pins: solid black ebony
- Pickguard: delmar tortoise color
- Case: 345 hardshell
Exceptional Martin tone and quality is just a click or call away. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.