- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin 2014 OM-18 Authentic 1933 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H92882
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Martin's Authentics Series guitars are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Built the old-fashioned way to give you the genuine Martin look, feel, and sound that made people fall in love with Martins in the first place.
Martin's Authentics Series guitars are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1933 OM-18 on loan from Fred Oster of Vintage Instruments, this guitar is constructed with a mahogany back and sides and an Adirondack spruce top using an authentic circa 1933 bracing pattern. Featuring period-correct "OM-18" Authentic-style appointments, right down to the Authentic 1933 neck barrel and heel.
Includes a 533V Harptone style case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1933
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Solid Madagascar Rosewood Strip
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Solid Madagascar Rosewood in a Narrow 1933 Shaped
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1933 Barrel and Heel
- Nut Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Headstock: Solid/1939 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood/Authentic Style (1933) Gold Lettering with No Black Outline
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner - 1933 Chris Hillman Shaded
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly w/Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel 8060 w/Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Bronze Medium Gauge (M150)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 533V Harptone style
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18
Take a step back to 1933, with this meticulously created guitar. Order today for that throwback sound.