- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Authentic Series 1933 OM-18 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21069 000001000 J21069000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin's in the first place, the new Authentics, like this Authentic Series 1933 OM-18 VTS Orchestra Mod...Click To Read More About This Product
Historically accurate detailing and construction.
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin's in the first place, the new Authentics, like this Authentic Series 1933 OM-18 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar, are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1933 OM-18 on loan from Fred Oster of Vintage Instruments, the Authentic Series 1933 OM-18 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar is constructed with a genuine mahogany back and sides and an Adirondack spruce top using an authentic circa 1933 bracing pattern. Featuring period-correct "OM-18" Authentic-style appointments, right down to the Authentic 1933 neck barrel and heel. Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
The Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin' craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Body type: 000-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides: Genuine Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1933
- Body finish: Vintage Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Authentic 1933 Barrel & Heel
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Vintage Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Solid Madagascar Rosewood/Authentic Style (1933) Gold Lettering with No Black Outline
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel 8060 with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this high-quality Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.