- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Custom CS-D28-12 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H80793
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The CS-D28-12 is a gorgeous 14-fret dreadnought highlighted by its Cocobolo back and sides, and Adirondack spruce top. Cocobolo is a rare and dense t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A gorgeous 14-fret dreadnought made with rare cocobolo tonewood from Mexico.
The CS-D28-12 is a gorgeous 14-fret dreadnought highlighted by its Cocobolo back and sides, and Adirondack spruce top. Cocobolo is a rare and dense tonewood from Mexico that delivers beautiful bell-like tones. The custom model features two way trussrod, forward shifted and scalloped bracing along with herringbone trim. Also included on the CS-D28-12 and new for 2012 is the Custom Shop Thin Finish package. This nitrocellulose finish is 40% thinner than the standard C.F. Martin nitrocellulose finish. Only 125 of these instruments will be made for the world in 2012.
- D-14 size
- Solid Adirondack spruce top
- Solid Cocobolo back and sides
- Standard ''X'' scalloped top bracing
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
Put yourself behind this wonderful dreadnought. Order today.
- Model: CS-D28-12
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Golden Era Style), Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Cocobolo
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid Cocobolo
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Special Shape / Hand Carved
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Cocobolo
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Long Pattern (Golden Era Style)
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss / Thin Finish
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss / Thin Finish
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Open-Gear w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Fossilized Ivory w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: Geib style - Custom Shop
- Interior Label: none