- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Custom OM21 Special Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product J40079
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Custom OM21 is both visually attractive and sonically superior to the traditional combination of Sitka spruce and East Indian rosewood. The top i...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Rare tonewood combination given special aging treatment to give you the feel and appeal of a classic, Golden Era Martin.
The Custom OM21 is both visually attractive and sonically superior to the traditional combination of Sitka spruce and East Indian rosewood. The top is made of a rare bearclaw Sitka spruce that has been temperature-aged to replicate the tops found on Martin's highly-collectible and prized 1930's instruments. Like instruments from Martin's "Golden Era," the body has been fashioned with hide glue for "tighter" seems and joints. The result is an instrument with superior tone, sustain, and projection. The back and sides are constructed of rare Madagascar rosewood. Madagascar Rosewood is similar in tone and appearance to the endangered Brazilian rosewood. This instrument will sound like an 80-year-old guitar, but can be purchased at a fraction of the price of the original.
Case sold separately.
- Body type: Orchestra
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Bearclaw Sitka spruce VTS
- Back & sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Sitka Non-Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval with Performance Artist
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Spanish Cedar
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Bearclaw VTS top, with1933 Amber Tone Sunburst/ Hide Glue Construction/ Quilted Bubinga Binding punctuates the combination of tone woods beautifully
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Get a feel and look of a classic Martin without having to pay an arm and a leg.