- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-42 Sinker Mahogany Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H86964
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The D-42 Sinker Mahogany features a sleek, modern High Performance Neck for enhanced playability. The D-42 Sinker Mahogany with prized sinker mahogan...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A dark-colored dreadnought made with extra-dense mahogany and deluxe refinements.
The D-42 Sinker Mahogany features a sleek, modern High Performance Neck for enhanced playability. The D-42 Sinker Mahogany with prized sinker mahogany back and sides is perfect for the intermediate and advanced player.
This D-42 features rare sinker mahogany for the back and sides with a solid Adirondack spruce top. Sinker mahogany comes from recently recovered South American first growth trees that were logged then lost underwater for over 100 years. It's an extra dense wood with a tight grain and excellent color. The neck is solid mahogany with a modified V shape and solid ebony fingerboard. Intricate boltaron and abalone inlays run the length of this special guitar.
- Dreadnought body size
- Solid Adirondack spruce top
- Standard ''X'' scalloped, forward shifted bracing
- Modified V, high performance neck
- Includes 545E Geib style case
These guitars won't be available for long. Order today.
- Model: D-42 Sinker Mahogany
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45 - Green Paua
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Golden Era Style), Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Sinker Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 45 - Golden Era w/ Style 18 Black Fiber on each side
- Side Material: Solid Sinker Mahogany
- Endpiece: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Binding: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42
- Side Inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Golden Era Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone Bordered in M.O.P
- Fingerboard Binding: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss w/ Complete Sunburst
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Complete Sunburst
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss w/ Complete Sunburst
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ 6 Point Snowflakes - Select Abalone Bordered in M.O.P
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius//Bone/Drop-In
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear w/ Engraved Button
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/ Select Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545E Geib style
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV, Numbered in Sequence with Total (15)