- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-Boak Custom Signature Edition Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K46733 000001000 K46733000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Martin is proud to offer this D-Boak Custom Signature Edition dreadnought featuring imprinted original "Inside Out" artwork by illustrator, luthier, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Traditional dreadnought adorned with original artwork from long-standing Martin luthier.
Martin is proud to offer this D-Boak Custom Signature Edition dreadnought featuring imprinted original "Inside Out" artwork by illustrator, luthier, musician and Martin archivist Dick Boak. In creating the artwork, Boak wanted to reveal and embellish the quintessential scalloped X-bracing of the Martin Dreadnought – the most beautiful and rarely seen internal structure of the company's flagship guitar. Personally signed and numbered in sequence, the D-Boak Dreadnought is crafted with a Sitka spruce soundboard, genuine mahogany back and sides, a modified low oval neck, simple dovetail neck joint, bone nut and saddle, and an ebony fingerboard and bridge. Tonally, the guitar is clear, projective and glassine. Anyone who has had the pleasure of working with Dick Boak over the past 40 years knows the impact that his creativity and love of guitars has made upon the company and the industry. This edition celebrates and shares his long and storied tenure at C. F. Martin & Co.
Includes ply hardshell case.
- Custom artwork by Dick Boak
- Paper label signed by Chris Martin and Dick Boak
- Simple dovetail neck joint
- Antique white binding
- Black stripe top and side inlay material
- Ebony head plate with script old style overlay
- Antique white heelcap
- Yellow side dots
- Style 28 fingerboard inlay style
- Modern belly - drop in saddle
Whether on display or in your hands, it's a work of art. Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Genuine mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern Scalloped X
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval High Performance Taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Vintage copper open gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Top graphic
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.