- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin DCX1AE Macassar Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J32982 000001000 J32982000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Martin's X Series Guitars feature a patented high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce or sapele (mahogany) top, patented...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Durable dreadnought with great looks and tone thanks to a Macassar-pattern HPL body and Fishman Sonitone electronics.
Martin's X Series Guitars feature a patented high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce or sapele (mahogany) top, patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: great-sounding, great-playing guitar, that is environmentally friendly, and priced to fly out the door. This is one of Martin's best values ever. The X Series affirms Martin's commitment to providing an affordable and competitive option for players dedicated to live performance and studio recording.
The 6-string X Series DCX1AE Macassar Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar features a D-14 dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, well-balanced tone that is perfect for live performance and in the studio. Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the Macassar-pattern HPL back and sides, the X Series DCX1AE Macassar Dreadnought has a big, punchy tone, with all the sustain you have come to expect from a Martin guitar. The mortise-and-tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics.
The Martin guitar's laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of Birch under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The neck is fashioned with a Performing Artist neck shape and taper, 25.4" scale, 1-3/4" nut width, and 16" radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series Martin acoustic guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play.
You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box. This guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
Case sold separately.
The very first Dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first Dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 Dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin Dreadnought has defined what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become arguably, the most popular acoustic guitar design in the world.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Macassar-pattern HPL
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Performing Artist Profile High Performance Taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: FSC Certified Richlite
- Neck wood: Birch Laminate
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Macassar-pattern HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: FSC Certified Richlite
- Saddle & nut: White Tusq, White Corian
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Join the Martin family or extend your Martin collection with this beauty. Order now!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.