- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin DSS-17 Black Smoke Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L47494 000001000 L47494000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DSS-17 Black Smoke slope-shoulder is striking, yet understated, with its satin black smoke finish offset with mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay, ...Click To Read More About This Product
Solid slope-shoulder dreadnought with tasty appointments and attractive finish.
The DSS-17 Black Smoke slope-shoulder is striking, yet understated, with its satin black smoke finish offset with mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay, antique white binding, and ivoroid pickguard. The rosewood fingerboard and bridge pop against the rich black satin finish. It is crafted with a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides for a warm, comforting tone. The Dreadnought size adds depth and volume,while the slope-shoulder and modified low oval neck with high-performance taper make this guitar easy and comfortable to play.
Martin 17 Series
The instruments in Martin’s 17 Series pair mahogany back and sides with a Sitka spruce top for a well-balanced sound full of bright airy trebles, crisp midrange and complex harmonics. Most unique to the 17 Series are the darker wood tones with contrasting appointments and shade patterns that give each of the instruments in this series a distinctive look that is sure to turn heads. The bold and edgy 17 Series guitars are available in a variety of body sizes, and all of them feature Martin’s comfortable high-performance neck that is super easy to play. The 17 Series takes inspiration from guitars that would have been played in juke joints back in the ’30s and ’40s. Some models come with built-in electronics, and some even offer a traditional slope-shoulder profile like this DSS-17 Black Smoke dreadnought acoustic guitar.
- All solid wood
- Antique white binding
- Mother-of-pearl 1955 Style-18 fingerboard inlay
- Faux tortoise pickguard
- Gig bag
- Plek setup
- Setup with Lifespan 2.0 Authentic Acoustic MA550T Phosphor Medium strings
Let your musical ideas rise with this special Martin guitar. Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought (14-FT, Slope Shoulder)
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Sitka 5/16" Scalloped
- Body finish: Satin body with Black Smoke Burst on top
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval with High Performance Taper
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 14 clear of the body, 20 total
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: None
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Golden Aged Relic Nickel with Cream Knobs
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.