- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin GP-28E Standard Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00141 0000010002147255 L001410000010002147255
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GP-28E Standard Grand Performance acoustic-electric guitar has been refined to combine some of the most desirable vintage appointments with ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Solid tone, exceptional playability.
The GP-28E Standard Grand Performance acoustic-electric guitar has been refined to combine some of the most desirable vintage appointments with modern playability. Its Grand Performance body design is famous for having a very clean, precise, high-end tone, along with a perfectly balanced bass response. The GP body is deeper than the traditional Martin Auditorium (000) for good reason. The deeper body allows the sound a little extra time to build before it jumps out of the soundhole. The result is a well-balanced sound that is crisp and clean with a lot of punch on the low end.
Martin's Standard models, like this GP-28E Standard Grand Performance, come with a very fast, playable, solid neck with a modified low-oval shape, High Performance neck taper and 1-3/4” nut. Martin has refined their 2018 Standard lineup to have aging toner, antique white binding, vintage-style fingerboard inlays, vintage open-gear tuners, and vintage-era bracing for that unique "Golden Era" tone. The combination of the "vintage" tone and modern playability creates an instrument that you won’t want to put down.
- Antique white binding
- Herringbone top inlay
- Aging toner
- Diamonds and Squares fingerboard inlay pattern
Wondering what kind of guitar to get? Make it a Martin. Make it this Martin. Order now.
- Body type: Grand Performance
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/16" scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel Open Geared
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.