- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin GP-35E Standard Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L00333 000001000 L00333000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 2018 Martin GP-35E Grand Performance Cutaway Acoustic-Electric guitar has been refined to combine some of the most desirable vintage appointments...Click To Read More About This Product
Designed with today's player in mind with details that harken back to the classics.
The 2018 Martin GP-35E Grand Performance Cutaway Acoustic-Electric guitar has been refined to combine some of the most desirable vintage appointments with modern playability. The Grand Performance body design is famous for having a very clean, precise high-end tone, along with a perfectly balanced bass response. The GP body is deeper than the traditional Martin Auditorium (000) for good reason. The deeper body allows the sound a little extra time to build before it jumps out of the soundhole. The result is a well-balanced sound that is crisp and clean with a lot of punch on the low end.
Standard models come with a very fast, playable solid neck; featuring a modified low-oval shape, with High Performance neck taper and 1-3⁄4” nut. The combination of the "vintage" tone and modern playability creates an instrument that you won’t want to put down.
2018 Cosmetic Upgrades
Martin has refined their 2018 Standard lineup to include some of the most desirable vintage appointments. The 2018 lineup features, aging toner, antique white binding, vintage-style fingerboard inlays, vintage open-gear tuners and vintage-era bracing for that unique “Golden Era” tone.
The GP-35E comes with a factory-installed Fishman Aura VT Enhanced pickup. This revolutionary pickup amplifies the guitar exactly as you hear it. No color or distortion is added into the sound. It’s like putting a fine vintage microphone in front of the guitar. Every note will be faithfully and accurately transmitted to your mixing board or amplifier.
The Enhanced feature is composed of an under-the-saddle transducer that amplifies the “transverse waves” of the sound as it passes through your guitar. In the past, you would not hear what is going on with the sound inside of the guitar. Now, you can blend the pickup with the acoustic sound of the body for addition color and depth. And if you like to rhythmically tap the top of the guitar as you play, the Enhanced pickup accurately recreates that sound as well. Just plug in, and you have a studio-quality sound without all the time-consuming work to EQ your sound.
- Antique white binding with multi-stripe
- Aging toner
- Vintage forward shifted 1/4" bracing pattern
- Hand-fit dovetail neck joint
- Computersized Plek setup
Make this Martin yours with a quick click or call today.
- Body type: Grand Performance
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 1/4" scalloped x bracing
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with High Performance Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome enclosed gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Compensated white tusq/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.